David D'or Leha'amin
8.0/10 rating 1 vote

Draw Position 5, Final Position 11, Points (Final) 57

"Leha'amin" (Hebrew script: להאמין; English translation: "To Believe") was the Israeli entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2004, performed in Hebrew and English by David D'Or.

In November 2003, the Israel Broadcasting Authority (the "IBA") chose D'Or to represent the country in the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest. D'Or represented Israel in the contest in Istanbul, with the song "Leha'amin" (To Believe), which he co-wrote with Ehud Manor. The song is a ballad, with D'Or singing about the need to maintain faith in the basic goodness of humanity, despite considerable evidence to the contrary.

The song was chosen on February 5, 2004, in voting during the program "Israel Selects a Song," held during a break in a televised Maccabi Tel Aviv Euroleague basketball game at which videos of four songs sung by D'Or were shown. The vote was by both a special IBA Eurovision Committee (including prior Israeli entrants Lior Narkis and Gali Atari), which accounted for 40% of the vote, and a televote by viewers, who accounted for the remaining 60% of the vote. The basketball game attracted 13.7% of Israeli TV viewers. The song won 60% of the jury's vote, and 66% of the viewers' televotes.

During Eurovision rehearsal week D'Or left Istanbul to be with his father, who was suffering from diabetes and had been rushed to a hospital, where one of his legs had to be amputated. D'Or then returned to Istanbul to perform on May 12, 2004. (His father has since died.)

Promo or Preview Video

Performance Video

Leha'amin

I Like This

I Recommend This

Add comment
SSL Certificate