The first nine acts in Israel have made it through to the next round of The Next Star of Eurovision in Israel, the talent show which is used as the format to pick the Israeli entry for Kiev. Among them is former Idol winner Diana Golbi.
The first of 10 shows were held Monday in Israel, to ultimately determine who will represent them at Eurovision in Kiev. While 40% of the results came from the judges, the rest (60%) came from the studio audience during filming. There were 4 judges so each judge had 10% of the final say.
The 7 qualifiers from the first show, and their percentages are as follows:
- Diana Golbi (95%)
- Imri Ziv (93%)
- Beatbox Element (91%)
- Judy Layne (81%)
- Lee Sabach (79%)
- Hallelujah (Halli) Lewis (77%)
- Ta-La-Te (75%)
Some of these 7 qualifiers are known within Israel. Diana Golbi previously won the Israeli version of Pop Idol in 2010. If she wins Rising Star, she will be the sixth Israeli Eurovision participant that has participated on the show. The others include Shiri Maimon (2005), Boaz Mauda (2008), Harel Skaat (2010), Mei Finegold (2014) and Hovi Star (2016).
The next day, a shorter show was being televised. The level of the competition was not as strong as in the first heat, since only two acts made it through to the next round:
- Sapir Nahon (88%)
- Osher Biton (77%)
The third show of The Next Star of Eurovision can be seen on Monday the 9th January at 20:30 CET.